Last updated: January 2019
Military Resettlement Headquarters Limited (MRHQ) is a job board business that operates online job portals to accurately match candidates with companies.
We take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and Personal Information. "Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, date of birth, email address, IP address and CV.
How do we collect information from you?
The majority of the Personal Information you provide to us freely when you register on the site with your CV and/or cover letter.
Please do not submit such Personal Information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
However, please be aware, some Personal Information may include information you voluntarily, but unintentionally provided to us (for example, if you express preferences regarding searches for jobs related to trade unions).
We also collect from:
- CV database websites (the "Websites");
- The software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the "Apps");
- Cookies ("Cookies");
- Publically available information; and
- Other tools and applications (our "Online Content").
What Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information we collect about you may include the following:
- General identification and contact information: your name; address; email; IP address; telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date and place of birth; physical attributes including photos
- Other sensitive information: trade union membership, religious beliefs, political opinions or racial or ethical origin, and criminal record
- Information enabling us to provide products and services: age, location, whether or not you hold a driving licence that enable identification of job search (for example, post code or job role)
- Marketing preferences: enter a contest or prize draw or other sales promotion, or respond to a voluntary customer satisfaction survey
- Statistical information: aggregate statistical information about site visitors and users for internal use and for other lawful purposes eg. Salary averages. We provide this information to customers, advertisers, suppliers and other reputable third parties. Where we provide such information we will provide this in an anonymous format and not include any Personal Information
- Information from Apps: submit comments to the Site, participate in message boards, blogs, send us emails or any other user generated content facility
- Publically available information in relation to professional history: educational background; employment history; skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; educational and professional qualifications
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
On some occasions, MRHQ processes your data with your consent. For example, we rely on consent when we send promotional material or when you link your MRHQ account to your Social Network account. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
- The processing is necessary to fulfil a contract
MRHQ may process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you, such as to send your CV to an employer or recruiter for a specific job application.
- Legitimate Interest
MRHQ also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
- Ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Websites and Apps operate effectively;
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- Understanding our customers' behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes; and
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
- The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies
MRHQ may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations eg preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
MRHQ may make Personal Information available to:
- Recruiters, Training Providers, Company HR Staff and other agents
In the course of our business to help you search for, train for and secure a job, MRHQ may make Personal Information available to third parties such as recruiter consultants, training providers and HR staff within companies looking to hire and other intermediaries and agents and other business partners.
- Our service providers
This includes external third-party service providers, such as accountants, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers; document and records management providers; technical engineers; data storage and cloud providers and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
MRHQ may share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers' compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
- Other third parties
Occasionally, we may share Personal Information with other third parties. We will always do this under contract and in accordance with your instructions.
How we use Personal Information?
We use Personal Information to do some or all of the following:
- Communicate with you as part of our business;
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the MRHQ Website and other administrative information;
- Provide improved quality, training and security and manage other commercial risks;
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys;
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners) in accordance with the preferences you have expressed. Please be aware you can always change these at My Account;
- Personalise your experience by presenting information and advertisements tailored to you;
- Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these carefully;
- Facilitate social media sharing functionality;
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management;
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process, and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence);
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or insurance business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Personal Information which you supply to us is generally stored and kept inside the European Economic Area.
How can you manage or delete Personal Information?
When you access our website online, we may store some information about you.
When you log in to your account, it is protected by your password and may only be accessed by you. You can manage the content and information in your account at any time, by logging in.
Your CV can be viewed by MRHQ customers.
Please note that MRHQ reserves the right to remove you from our database, CVs which include any content that we consider to be illegal or offensive.
You can permanently delete your account at any time. To do this, please go to your account, “edit” and “delete”.
MRHQ is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alterations, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold.
Our security measures include: -
- Encryption of our services and data;
- Review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures;
- Restrict access to personal access to personal information to MRHQ employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations; and
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
Marketing and Advertising
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (As set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Children and minors
MRHQ is not directed towards individuals under the age of eighteen (18).
Third Party Privacy Practices
Please note that although we require customers who use our services, such as employers seeking to recruit staff, to agree to use the information made available solely for recruitment-related purposes, we do not control their use of any information that they have access to as part of receiving our services. Please be aware your current employer may be a customer of MRHQ. Although it is a requirement of our Contract and Terms and Conditions of MRHQ not to use Personal Information for any purpose other than to obtain a job, we cannot restrict the customers who access profiles on our database and cannot be held responsible for any eventuality.
Who to contact about your Personal Information
The data controller responsible for your information is MRHQ.
If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your Personal Information you can email: email@example.com or write to the Data Protection Officer, MRHQ, Office 18, 64-66 Wingate Business Exchange, Wingate Square, Clapham Old Town, SW4 0AF. If you do not think we are handling your Personal Information adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. Further information, including contact details, are available at https://ico.org.uk
The Site is operated by Military Resettlement Headquarters Limited.
Military Resettlement Headquarters is registered in England.
Registered number: 10726471
Registered address: MRHQ, Office 18, 64-66 Wingate Business Exchange, Wingate Square, Clapham Old Town, SW4 0AF.